Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Student Success Statement
“ I have been asked what i mean by ‘ word of honor’ i will tell you: Place me behind prison walls- walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground- there is a possibility that in some way or another i might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can i get out of that circle? No, never! I’d die first.”
Karl G. Maeser
What i am understanding that your word of honor is like a circle. When you give your word of honor you are placed into that circle, and say you break your word, is just like walking out that circle, and you will just die. Its also like you are placed in prison because you didn't keep your word of honor, instead you abandoned it which lead for you to get in trouble. You should be very careful how you give your word or when you give it. If you give your word and you do not complete it it's going to look very bad. It's going to show how you ain't trustworthy. And how you should be told anything, because you will open your mouth. You should also know when people take advantage of your word, you can tell because people will be asking you to do it for them. You have to have the courage to say NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment